Via FTP client
- Log into your moodle site via FTP and go to moodle theme directory located at your-moodle-folder/themes.
- Unzip the theme file you downloaded and upload only the extracted theme folder to moodle theme directory.
- Ensure that the New Theme folder and its contents are readable by the webserver.
- Now login to your Moodle site and go to Administration > Site administration > Notification , you will see a Notification for theme to be installed. Click “Upgrade Moodle Database now” button to continue for the installation procedure.
Via the built in Moodle plugin installer
- Login to your Moodle site as an admin.
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install plugins.
- Then upload theme ZIP file. You should only be prompted to add extra details (in the Show more section) if your plugin is not automatically detected.
- If your target directory is not writable, you will see a warning message.
- Check the plugin validation report